Share the Gift

I was driving home this morning from a doctor's appointment listening to the all Christmas radio station. I wasn't really paying attention to any of the songs until one came on that I've never heard before. It is called, "What God Wants for Christmas," by Darius Rucker. I began to listen to the words closely as I heard him sing, "I wonder what God wants for Christmas, Something that you can't find in a store, Maybe peace on Earth, no more empty seats in church" and "What do you give someone, Who gave His only Son, What if we believe in Him, Like He believes in us" and "I wonder what God wants for Christmas, What might put a smile on His face, Every Bible with no dust, the devil giving up, Might be what's on His wishlist." It is a beautiful song. One that I'm now on the hunt to buy so I can listen to it over and over again.

As I listened to the song, I began to reflect on my most recent actions. I have definitely been caught up in the holiday hustle of late. I haven't taken much time to slow down and think about my Savior. I haven't taken much time to think about what gifts I can give to God and His Son. So, with that in mind, I've decided that I need to (along with my family) think, read and speak more of Christ until the 25th. I invite all to do the same. And, here's a great way to start. Below is a quick video about what Christmas is truly about. Watch as a family and begin feeling the true Christmas spirit.





Comments