Fabric Wall Decorations



Last year we moved into a new home. With the upcoming move upon us, I thought this would be the perfect time to update my daughter's room. She had definitely out grown her previous princess stage. As we started plotting out her new room, I found cute wall hangings one day while shopping. They were really simple. Just an unframed canvas covered with a cute pattern. I was just about to buy three when it hit me, "I could make this!" So, I went home and told my girl about our next project. Like me, she was very excited. We could personalize the hangings with her own style and design. We got to work.

Here's what you need: 

Canvas (We bought three 12 x 12 canvases at our local craft store. You can buy really cheap ones because you're just going to be covering them up anyways.) 

Fabric (Your choice! This was a little hard for me. I had to keep reminding myself that this is for my daughter's room and the fabric choices were hers.)

Staple Gun 

Picture Hooks to Hang your Canvases

First, iron your fabric. You don't want any wrinkles. Next, wrap your fabric around the canvas. You'll want to make the fabric tight. This is a two man job. One of you hold the fabric while the other one staples your fabric onto the back around the canvas edges.




Once the fabric is stapled around the canvas, you may need to trim the excess fabric so you don't have material hanging down. Then, hammer on your picture frame hooks. Finally, hang up your work of art!

My daughter has her three canvases centered above her bed. I think these wall hangings would make great baby gifts. There are so many cute baby prints out there that you could make a cute little hanging for someone's nursery.

Comments