Pink Layered Valentine mini Cake

I love these mini cakes.  Perfect for when you need a special treat just for two or a small amount of something sweet at your next gathering.  This mini cake has ombre pink layers--so fun!

Cake supplies you'll need:1 white cake mix, red food coloring, frosting

 I've been looking for mini cake pans and finally found these 4" diameter springform pans at Target. And even better, they came in a set of three and were on sale! A few days later I found some [6" pans] at Hobby Lobby, which I'll be buying the next time they go on sale. I think the 6" size would be perfect for  the amount of cake batter you'll make.  


Take a piece of parchment paper and trace around the bottom of your cake pan.  Cut your circle out a little smaller than you drew it.  Put this round piece in the bottom of your pan.  This will help with getting your cake out of the pan after it bakes.



 

Make your cake mix as directed and divide the batter into 3 bowls. Add your red food coloring making each bowl of batter a different shade of pink.  


Pour each color of batter in its own pan, filling 1/2 way.  I had extra batter, so I combined it all in this heart shaped pan, for an extra cake.







Bake your cakes and let them cool.  Take them out of the pans and peel off the parchment paper. 


The tops of my mini cakes were rounded. To help them stack.  Cut tops flat on the bottom 2 layers.


Ready to frost and stack.  You can use canned frosting or even better, click this link for our {cream cheese cake frosting}



Add our {mini Valentine banner} cake topper.  I made this banner with just the word love to fit my 4" mini cake.  


My "valentines" at home will love this little cake.


Especially when they cut into it!  Happy Valentines Day!

Comments

  1. Oh this looks too cute to be eaten up! So so cute! Love the shades of pink and that little banner is perfect on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the ombre pinks in the layers! My family loved cutting into it!

      Delete
  2. I am loving this tiny cake! Thanks for sharing at DIDI :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun for Valentines Day! Thanks for stopping by Lori!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ladies, I am so excited to stop by and visit your blog and check out this fun cake, I have never seen one so unique, I love it! Thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Girl WW to share, I appreciate it and I'm sure others will enjoy the recipe!! I also just Pinned and Tweeted!
    I hope that you all have a wonderful week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karren for stopping by! This little cake is a favorite of mine, happy Valentines day!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute, festive cake. Makes me hungry, too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! And it looks really good. Saw this cake featured on the Pieced Pastimes party and had to click on it. Just noticed your "WE BELIEVE" picture with a temple to the right...me too:) Love that you share this on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding us Sara and for liking the little cake! Just checked out your fun blog! Linking up to Home Matters Linky Party!

      Delete
  6. Looks so moist and delish! Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ombre pink makes it so fun! Have a great week Sherry!

      Delete

Post a Comment