Cheese Fondue


Our family likes to fondue and when looking for a good cheese fondue recipe, I had some difficulty. Either the recipe was too fancy (my kids aren't fond of unfamiliar cheeses) or the recipe called for wine (we don't drink alcohol). So, I decided to create my own recipe.

Cheese Fondue
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup fontina cheese
2 Tablespoons flour

First, add your broth and flour to the fondue pot. Stir with a non-stick utensil until all the flour has dissolved. Then, add your cheese. Put a handful at a time in the fondue pot and wait for the cheese to melt before adding more. You may want to add more cheese than my recipe calls if you want a stronger taste.



When we have cheese fondue for dinner, I usually serve cubed French bread, boiled red potatoes and broccoli for dipping. I'll also make up some breaded chicken for folks to dip or eat on the side.

Print this recipe {here}

Comments