Fettuccine with Basil and Vegetables


This is my mom's recipe and one that I really enjoy! It is something different from the typical pasta night.

Fettuccine with Basil and Vegetables 
1 pkg. fettuccine noodles
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup zucchini, julienne
1 cup carrots, julienne
4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
4 teaspoons lemon juice (or less depending on how strong of a lemon taste you prefer) 
2 teaspoons dry basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Shredded Parmesan cheese for taste

Prepare fettuccine according to package instructions. With a large, lipped skillet or pan, saute garlic and vegetables in butter for about 5 minutes or until fork tender. Add lemon juice, basil and pepper. Toss with pasta, heat gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

I also like to add chicken to this dish. My children never seem quite satisfied unless meat is part of the dish. I just saute some cubed chicken in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil until done. I then add the chicken to the pasta. Bon Appetit!

Comments