Tie Dye Waffles



I was driving in my car one day thinking about fun breakfast recipes - random, I know - when this waffle idea popped into my mind. I was really excited to give it a try and the results are exactly how I imaged they would be! I'm calling them, Tie Dye Waffles. They are fun to make, fun to look at and fun to eat! My kids loved making them as did I!

First, mix up waffle batter. I doubled the recipe so I would have enough batter for each color. Then, divide the waffle batter into individual bowls. Each bowl will be its own color. Mix in food coloring and watch as the colors of the rainbow appear! I chose red, orange, green, blue and purple as my colors, but you can choose whatever colors you'd like.


When your waffle iron is hot and ready, spray with some cooking oil. Using one color at a time, begin drizzling the colored batter onto your waffle iron. Layer the colors until your iron is covered. Then, close your waffle iron and finish the cooking process.



I LOVE these waffles! They are bright, colorful and cheery! My kids and I admired the swirls of colors. These waffles really do look like a tie dye t-shirt.


These waffles would be perfect for a rainbow themed birthday party, a St. Patrick's Day breakfast, a PJ party, a Dr. Seuss celebration, or any time you're looking for a family activity. These waffles are a party!


Comments

Post a Comment