Valentine's Door Decoration



I've been wanting to make this Valentine's Day door decoration for a year now ever since I saw something similar last winter.  I love the simple design!

First, I bought the below wood hanging from Michael's for just $5. I used a 50% off coupon so be sure to grab a coupon before you go. You can always find coupons online by searching their weekly ads.



Or, you can easily make your own wood hanging. From the backside, you can see how it's done.


Now, it's time to paint. I really wanted to see the wood grain through the paint so I diluted my gray acrylic paint with water. The below picture was taken after two coats of paint. I ended up doing four coats.


Next, find your heart pattern by searching heart images online. You can find any shape and size. Or, make it yourself. Trace your heart onto your wood.


Paint your heart. I chose pink, but you could use red or white. I did not dilute my pink paint. I wanted it to "pop" a little. I did three coats of the pink.


Tie on some red, white and pink ribbons. Ribbon is on sale right now at Jo Ann's - 60% off! And, hang it up. It's cute and festive! I keep admiring it from the street :)


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia! We are so happy to participate in your link party!

      Delete
  2. I love alternatives to wreaths like this. Thank you for sharing at the Monday Funday Party. - Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment