Vision Boards


Our family has the tradition of setting goals at the beginning of each year. Some years we are great at keeping our goals and other years not so great. We are coming off a year where we were not so great at keeping our goals. This year I knew we had to change things up to be more successful and my husband had the answer - Vision Boards!

As one who loves anything related to goal setting, organizing, planning, you'd think I'd heard of vision boards. But, I hadn't! As my husband explained vision boards to me, I became more and more excited that my heart literally began to beat faster. I know, a little nerdy. For those of you who may not know what a vision board is, here's a definition from makeavisionboard.com:

vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.

So, with that information in mind, our family made our vision boards for the new year. 

We included lots of pictures on our boards. 


My kids laughed at this picture I chose. But, it helps me remember one of my goals - get outside more with my kids.


We also added some stickers and bright colors.


And, some words to help us remember what all those pictures and drawings mean.


Our vision boards are done and they are all hanging up whether on our bedroom walls, by bathroom mirrors or on night stands. Here's to 2016! 

Comments